VIBS Family Violence and Rape Crisis CenterVictims Information Bureau of Suffolk
P.O. Box 346
Central Islip, NY 11722
1. Why do you want to do this type of work?
2. Describe the personal qualities you have that would make you a good ERC.
3. How has your past work/volunteer experience prepared you to do this work?
4. What difficulties do you think you might have with this kind of work?
5. What is your current availability for being on-call for 12-hour shifts?
6. Write a short paragraph describing your impression of the impact a volunteer can have on a sexual assault or domestic violence survivor
Indicate which of the following reactions are typical after a rape (check all that apply)
Crying, being visibly upset
Being in a state of shock
Blaming oneself for the rape
Feeling dirty and ashamed
Feeling anger towards the rapist
No visible emotional reaction
Feeling jumpy and nervous
Acting out sexually
Having trouble sleeping
Changes in eating habits
Client Interaction: Please describe how you would handle two of the following situations.
Victims Information Bureau of Suffolk operates from a position of respect for all of our clients, staff and volunteers regardless of: race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, ability, age or gender. Any volunteer who shows intolerance to diversity will be immediately dismissed from the program.
This website has been funded in part by: